OMG! This was so satisfying to body and soul. And easy peasy.
- 1 lb peeled, tail removed, medium sized shrimp (I used raw, but you could also use ready to eat.)
- 3 cups cauliflower rice (Did you know it's super easy to make your own in your food processor?)
- 1 Tbs powdered gelatin
- 2 Tbs grass-fed butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- dash cayenne
- salt and pepper to taste (I recommend quite a lot :) )
- More butter for topping
- In a small bowl, add gelatin to about half a cup of COLD water. Stir immediately with a fork to make sure all the lumps are dissolved. Set aside.
- Melt 2 Tbs butter in a frying pan (for which you have a lid). Add the shrimp. Sprinkle with garlic and a dash of cayenne. Saute' until pink. If you are using already cooked shrimp, just warm them up a bit. Stir a couple of times to distribute the garlic.
- Dump the cauliflower in on top of the shrimp. Scoop the gelatin out of the bowl and plop that on top too.
- Cover with lid and let steam for maybe five minutes.
- Stir to mix all ingredients well and test the cauliflower for doneness. I like it to still have a bit of body left, not totally limp. If you have too much liquid, turn the heat up and boil it down for a couple of minutes.
- Divide into bowls to serve. Add more butter, salt, and pepper to taste.