2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 cups coconut milk
1.5 pounds cod fillet (You can actually use whatever fish, or mixture of fish, shrimp, scallops, octopus, etc. you like. I prefer cod because it's mild and flaky.)
juice of half a lemon
hot pepper (I use powdered cayenne, but feel free to use your preferred source of hotness.)
- Melt the coconut oil in a heavy-bottom saucepan.
- Saute the onions and garlic in the coconut oil.
- While the onions are sauteing, cut the fish into 1 inch cubes (more or less, the size is not super important, but I like to make them bite sized).
- When the onions are clear, add the coconut milk to the pan.
- Add the fish, lemon juice, salt, and hot pepper. Cook until the fish is done, about ten minutes.